Our small but friendly Housekeeping team are responsible for keeping up our impeccable standards and fabulous review scores
A brand new role: Situated in Ambleside on the shores of Lake Windermere, our 32-bedroom, 3-Star Hotel, is family-owned and managed & has been so for the past 38 years. The Hotel has exciting plans for expansion and development. The Head Housekeeper would be instrumental in implementing & achieving the high standards required to achieve these plans, whilst ensuring we maintain, and build-upon, our 9.2/10 Booking.com score. There may be scope to develop the role towards Housekeeping Manager, looking after all 3 of our properties in Ambleside, in the short- to medium-term. Alongside the benefits of working in a family business, we offer you Christmas off, a birthday meal for two in our Table 22 restaurant and pension contribution, plus you will be working with a great friendly team in a positive environment.
As the Head Housekeeper you will be required to act as a management figure within the Housekeeping team. You will be providing supervision, training and working hands on beside your team to ensure all hotel rooms are kept to an outstanding standard.
Key Responsibilities to include:-
• An active role in the daily housekeeping, including departure cleaning & servicing
• Dealing with suppliers of linen, cleaning materials and guest supplies, such as soap, shampoo, etc.
• Controlling supply costs, as well as laundry, maintenance
• Scheduling staff rotas
• Overseeing stocktakes, budgets and other paperwork, such as maintenance reports and safety audits
• Ensuring lost property is kept safely and returned to its owner
• Overseeing supervisors and linen room and cleaning supplies staff
• An awareness of green issues
• To ensure that all public areas are clean and welcoming to guests at all times
• To ensure all standard check lists are implemented, used as prescribed and are achieved in all areas.
• Reporting any faults found within the hotel
• To ensure that your team members are correctly uniformed, in line with company standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene
• To liaise closely with Reception with regard to daily room status and ensure the correct and most efficient allocation of rooms takes place
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for this Head Housekeeper position will need to be an professional individual with strong leadership skills. You will be required to be a trustworthy, presentable employee with excellent attention to detail.
Key experience essential for the role:
• Previous experience as a Head Housekeeper, preferably within a hotel
• Ideally to hold previous team management experience
• Ability to multi task
• Passionate about delivering an outstanding service
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to increased business, our Housekeeping department require an energetic & professional member of staff, with an excellent track record in hospitality, to join our friendly team.
Our focus is on professionalism and providing a superior customer experience.
Successful team members will be able to demonstrate the following:
possess a good command of verbal and written English & communicate well with other departments
excellent customer service skills
ability to understand and respond to guest requirements
ability to think on your feet and under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
able to work as part of a small team and independently and use your initiative
To service public areas to a high quality as directed by Head Housekeeper
To service & deep clean guest bedrooms as per daily list, to the required standard at all times.
Ensure your service area is clean and well stocked at all times.
Report any maintenance issues
To comply health & safety requirements
To carry out any other reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the hotel.
Be prepared to help other departments when necessary.
Basic 40 hr week with a combination of straight or split shift depend on the business, flexibile working may be available for the right candidate. Hours worked over will be paid or given in lieu.
Please send CV to email@example.com