The Regent Hotel is a well established family run business. Our portfolio comprises of an excellent hotel and two of the finest bed and breakfast establishments in Ambleside right in the heart of the Lake District, all offering high quality accommodation with a total of 64 rooms to let each night.
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We are continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
- Minimise the use of paper in the office and re-use and recycle all paper where possible.
- Switch off all lights and electrical equipment when not in use and adjust heating with energy consumption in mind.
- Seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products, and re-use and recycle everything we are able to.
- Source locally produced food from local suppliers to help reduce the carbon footprint, and use local trades people wherever possible.
- Cleaning materials will be as environmentally friendly as possible and we will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues within the hotels that may affect their work and involve them in the implantation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- Commit to comply with relevant legislation and regulations relating to our industry.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance to help improve and reduce environmental impact and review this statement annually to improve our environmental performance.