For in-stay guest information, please follow the link Guest Information
DO NOT COME TO STAY IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19. OR HAVE RECENTLY BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES.
Please follow the Government guidance for self-isolating, and/or any local restrictions that apply to you.
Please note that we will no longer have Dinner, Bed and Breakfast rates available because our menus will be much reduced, and available for takeaway.
Any reservations made direct with the hotel on a flexible basis, from 1st May 2020 are now subject to free cancellation up until 24hrs prior to arrival. Please see the policies on your booking confirmation.
You will be required to book a time slot for breakfast so as to avoid crowding in the restaurant
From the 8th August 2020, you will be required to wear a face covering in public areas of Hotels & B&B's. This is a legal requirement and we ask that you adhere to this policy during your stay. Thank you.
Steps to reopening
Health & Safety of guests and staff are our number one priority. This does mean that we will have to make changes that affect the services we can provide, however you will always be met with the same warm welcome.
To ensure our reopening and to comply with Government health & safety guidelines we will be implementing the following procedures:-
• Reducing number of bedrooms available to ensure social distancing & reduce volume of guests in the building.
• Only accepting residents of our three Ambleside properties for lunch, dinner and the Deck.
• Staff wearing PPE
• Investing in signage
• Installing plastic screening where necessary
• We may take action to limit guests from areas of local lockdown, or badly affected countries.
• Reducing operating hours where necessary to limit the risk to staff.
• No cash payments, card only please. Where possible we will take the payment for bedrooms and other services from the card provided at the time of booking.
• Staggering start & finish times for staff
• Refusing guests if they are showing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been in contact with someone who is
• Introducing hand sanitizers around the public areas
• Introducing a one-way system around the hotel and in the restaurant
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure they are also practicing Covid-safe measures
• Re-inducting staff, as though they were new starters.
• Providing staff with a covid-19 handbook with advice and new procedures.
• Only flexible rates available, and we have changed the cancellation policy from 48 hours prior to arrival, to 24 hours.
• Customer welcome pack in each room that has been sanitised.
• Contact-free check in and check out procedures.
• Reducing Housekeeping services – especially cleaning during the stay, to limit the risk to our Housekeepers.
• Introducing a new Housekeeping standards checklist, and increasing frequency of cleaning in public areas
• Keeping public areas as ventilated as possible.
• Decluttering in bedrooms
• Using chemicals that have been professionally tested as to be effective against covid-19
• Switching to single-use toiletries
• The Restaurant & Bars will close at 10pm, according to Government guidelines.
• Table service will be provided.
• Removing room service tray charges.
• Removing tables from restaurant to adhere to social distancing
• Implementing takeaway menu
• Introducing slots for breakfast, so there is no queuing.
• New menus for breakfast to enable us to take away the buffet element
• New menus for the restaurant so that we can reduce the number of staff needed in a small space.
• Encouraging use of menus from the website.
• Using single-use and disposable items where necessary, including napkins and sauces.
• Implementing a new Goods-In system to limit the number of delivery people coming into the hotel.
• For bookings of two or more rooms, if you are not from the same household, we are unable to seat you together for breakfast and dinner.
We will of course follow all Government regulations and restrictions as they are updated.