There's plenty to do in The Lakes this September, whether you've a passion for art, an interest in animals or hankering for history, theres something for everyone in The Lakes!
• Until 2nd -Lakes Artists Society Summer Exhibition - A chance to see a wide range of amazing local artists work
• 10th- Westmorland County Show, Westmorland Show Ground- One of the UK's best agricultural shows, and Cumbria's Tourism event of the year!
• 10th-13th- Heritage Open Days - The National Trust will be opening up a collection of properties in The Lakes, including Hill Top, and Wray Castle and offer free entry into many places not usually open to the public or that have a fascinating story.
• 11th-Kendal Torchlight Carnival- A wonderful festival too entertain the whole family, with floats, carnival and fair ground too.
• 12th- Ulverston Lantern Procession- An incredibly unique festival of lanterns parading the streets!
• 12th-27th- C-Art, 'Eden Arts'- Various studios and galleries open across Cumbria
• 12th-13th- Holker Chilli Fest - A festival dedicated to chillies, attracted folk from all over the country to celibate out fiery friends.
• 25th-29th- Cartmel Magna Carta 800 Celebrations,-Cartmel Priory will be holding 5 days of celebration and medieval festivities in and around Cartmel.