Our Reception team look after our guests from booking to departure. They are also reservations for our three properties in Ambleside. It's a fast-paced but fun environment to work!
A rare opportunity has arisen to join our team in a management role, we are looking for an experienced Reception Manager.
We have been family-owned since 1980, and have a hands-on approach to the business. We have built the business on great service in a relaxed atmosphere.
The Reception Manager will oversee the day-to-day running of the reception team at The Regent Hotel, and central reservations for our three small properties, which is based at the Regent. Opera PMS experience is beneficial.
The ideal candidate will be hands-on and a people person, who likes to get to know the regular guests, and is happy to get stuck in where needed to show an example to the other members of the team.
The ideal candidate must:-
• Have a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Have had hotel reception & management experience.
• Have good knowledge of the local area and our competitors.
• Be a great communicator in person and in correspondence.
• Possess an excellent command of verbal and written English.
• Have the ability to think on your feet & show initiative.
• Be flexible for different shift patterns.
• Have experience working with channel managers/OTAs
• Possess excellent computer skills – in Microsoft office and Opera PMS, Micros, Siteminder, OTA extranets
• Some experience with social media & email marketing is beneficial, including branding, and creating content.
The job role:-
• Undertake front of house duties, including check in & out, managing guest enquiries, taking & processing reservations.
• Undertake general office duties including filing, correspondence and emails.
• Work closely with the General Manager to enhance sales & revenue through training and develop ideas for sales.
• Have an understanding of revenue management & restrictions in order to cover for the General Manager’s holiday.
• Maintain a good working relationship with other two properties in the group.
• Work with other departmental heads to share ideas.
• Have the ability to deal with enquiries or complaints in a calm manner.
• Have a hands-on approach to all aspects and departments of the hotel when needed.
• Write rotas, and manage holidays. Work to a wage budget, look after your own recruitment.
• Be a duty manager on some shifts.
• Work with the housekeeping manager & maintenance engineer to ensure standards are always high.
• Be capable with cash handling & ensuring takings are correct.
• Ensure our websites are up to date with correct and relevant information.
• Respond to TripAdvisor & other reviews.
• Undertake light HR duties, including processing holidays.
• Comply with all health, hygiene, covid-19 and safety legislation, including a fire panel.
• Order stock.
• Calculate biannual shares of tips for all staff.
• Undertake any ad hoc duties relevant to the post.
Benefits of working for us:-
• Christmas Day off
• 28 days holiday pro rata
• Dinner on your birthday
• Uniform provided
• Company pension scheme
• Meals on Duty
• Car parking
Full time – 40 hours per week | Five days out of seven, with different shifts/days off each week | Shifts are 7am-3pm, 9am-5pm and 2.30pm-10.30pm| Salary depending on experience | There is no live-in with this role